Milk is bad for you
One of the most important things a person can do to keep good health is to not drink milk and eat dairy products. Mrs. Hsu, at her website www.Hsu.com, teaches many good points about health. She gives many reasons why a person should not eat dairy. She writes:
THIRTEEN GOOD REASONS TO STOP USING DAIRY PRODUCTS
1) PESTICIDE RESIDUES Dairy products have 6 times higher Pesticide Residues than the average non-animal food products. (See graph on page 317 of Diet for New America, by John Robbins)
2) ANTIBIOTICS are routinely added to the feed of cows. This comes through in the milk and meat. This can upset the natural balance of intestinal flora in the body and may be related to candida albicans problems so widespread today.
3) DES and other FEMALE SEX HORMONES are routinely administered to cows. Residues are transmitted to people. Possible consequences of this are cancer, earlier sexual maturation of girls and boys, behavior disorders connected to uncertain and confused sexual identities, an expanding assortment of sexual aberrations indicating that human hormonal systems are being affected and imbalanced.
4) CONGESTION Dairy products are mucous producing and involved in many instances of allergies, sinus congestion, post-nasal drip, bronchial- and lung congestion.
5) PROSTATE CANCER Milk and cheese are specifically identified (along with milk and eggs) as risk factors for fatal prostate cancer (American Journal of Epidemiology, August 1984). Prostate problems are very widespread in men over 40 years of age, increasing in probability with age.
6) UTERINE FIBROIDS The consumption of dairy products is strongly linked to various disorders of the female reproductive system, including ovarian tumors/cysts, vaginal infections/discharges, and uterine fibroids. (See "Food as Healing", by Annmarie Colbin)
7) MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS Dairy products are implicated as a causative factor in Multiple Sclerosis. (See pages 279-282 of "Diet for New America", by John Robbins)
8) OSTEOPOROSIS The high concentration of protein causes urinary excretion of calcium. This calcium loss actually promotes osteoporosis, a disease of thinning bones very commonly found in older people. (See McDougall's Medicine, by John McDougall)
9) LACTOSE INTOLERANCE is a condition of lacking the digestive enzyme "lactase" which digests the carbohydrate portion of dairy products known as lactose or milk sugar. This commonly causes headaches, gas, abdominal pain and cramps. This affects 5-10% of Caucasian adults, 70% of Black adults, both in America and Africa, and many Oriental adults. (See "Incidence of Lactase Deficiency in Ulcerative Colitis", Gastroenterology, 53:890, 1967)
10) SATURATED FAT The fat content of dairy products is Saturated Fat. This contributes to heart disease, which kills 40% of Americans, and strokes, which kill 10% of Americans. Saturated animal fat consumption is also strongly linked to many forms of cancer.
11) NO FIBER Dairy products also contain NO FIBER, potentially contributing to constipation, hemorrhoids and colon cancer.
12) COLIC in babies is caused by antibodies in cows milk. This can happen even if the baby is breast-fed and the mother consumes dairy products. (Pediatrics. April 1991)
13) CRUELTY Purchase of dairy products supports the cruel VEAL INDUSTRY. Cows must be regularly artificially inseminated to continue milk production. The female offspring become more milk producers. The male calves will not produce milk, so they are raised in tiny crates to become anaemic "tender veal".
STOP CONSUMING DAIRY PRODUCTS FOR TWO MONTHS AS A TEST.
SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT CAN MAKE IN YOUR OWN LIFE!